Thank you to everyone who attended our coffee chats and open house in February. Copies of the information materials presented at these events are available below.
The County will be collating all feedback received and will publish the collated responses online at a later date. Please keep in touch with this webpage for updates on the project going forward.
If you haven’t already done so, please sign up for updates at the bottom of this page to ensure you are informed of the next event.
Thank you to all who attended the Springbank ASP information session on November 29, 2016. If you missed the event, a copy of the information materials is available below.
Rocky View County is updating Springbank’s Area Structure Plans (ASPs), a process that will confirm a vision for the community to guide future growth and development in alignment with Springbank’s unique character.
During the process, we will look at some important issues, such as community identity, conservation, land use, housing options, economic development, local services, amenities and infrastructure. We will also look at whether or not to combine the three current Springbank Area Structure Plans into one. For more information on the Springbank ASP process, please watch this short video.
It has been over 15 years since Springbank’s Area Structure Plans were adopted. In that time, Springbank and neighbouring areas have continued to grow, and conditions have changed.
Currently, Springbank contains three Area Structure Plans:
- The Moddle ASP [PDF] (adopted in 1998): addresses development in the area surrounding the Central Springbank plan, located adjacent to and north of Lower Springbank Road, and east of Range Road 31.
- The North Springbank ASP [PDF] (adopted in 1999): covers 4,350 acres. The plan boundaries extend as far as Range Road 32 to the east, Range Road 35 to the west, Township Road 251 A to the north, and Township Road 245 to the south.
- The Central Springbank ASP [PDF] (adopted in 2001): boundaries extend to the Bow River in the north, the Elbow River to the south, Calgary to the east and one mile west of Range Road 33. The TransCanada Highway bisects the plan area and Highway 8 touches its southeastern corner.
View a map of the Study Area (PDF)
The Springbank Area Structure Plan process will result in an up-to-date plan(s) that respects the values of the community; accounts for current conditions; and aligns with related plans, policies, and studies that have been adopted since the original Springbank plans were completed.
These plans include the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan, the Rocky View County Plan (PDF), and the Rocky View / Calgary Intermunicipal Development Plan (PDF). There are also important new technical studies to consider, like the Springbank Context Study (PDF) and the Springbank Airport Master Plan (PDF). To learn more about these plans, visit the Related Projects and Links section below.
The plan will be prepared in the following phases:
- Phase 1
November - December 2016
Council approves the Terms of Reference, and some technical work and early engagement with the community begins.
- Phase 2
January -September 2017
Focus on deeper community involvement and technical analysis. In this phase, we will begin drafting a new Area Structure Plan.
- Phase 3
September 2017 - January 2018
The Draft Area Structure Plan will be presented to the community. Based on feedback from the public and key stakeholders, a final plan will be created.
- Phase 4
January - April 2018
The final plan will go to public hearing and Council will consider approval of the updated Area Structure Plan(s).
Related Projects & Links
A new Springbank Area Structure Plan will ensure we have an up-to-date plan that aligns with other plans, policies, and studies that have been adopted since the original Springbank plans were completed. Please visit the links below to review these related plans, policies, and studies:
There are several ways to get involved in this project.
- Fill in the form below and we will send you regular email updates.
- Contact the Rocky View planners listed on this page.
- Follow the project on this webpage. We will post updates and upcoming events.