Rocky View County spends public funds annually to purchase goods and services. In buying goods and services, we make every effort to:
- obtain the best value for the dollars we spend
- manage our purchasing in a way that is fair to all suppliers
A fair, open and transparent competitive process is intended to ensure all interested individuals, organizations and vendors have equal opportunity to provide Rocky View County with goods or services.
Bid opportunities are subject to legislated requirements; therefore, the County's purchasing procedures require open, competitive procurements for:
- goods and Services $40,000 or greater
- construction $100,000 or greater
All opportunities to bid on a Rocky View County project are posted on the Alberta Purchasing Connection.
Bid Opening & Results
Responses to tender invitations are opened on the closing date after 14:01:00 MDT/MST (2:01:00 local time). Responses to other opportunities (e.g., RFP, RFQ, EOI, pre-qualification, etc.) are opened after the closing date and time, and are not opened in public.
Responses received after closing will be returned unopened to the sender.
The County posts all award notices on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website within two business days following each award decision. Bids received for an Invitation to Tender are posted on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website following the closing of each tender.
Evaluation of Bids
After the closing, all submissions are reviewed to make sure they are compliant and meet all requirements as outlined in the offer documents.
The selection of the successful offer will be based on Rocky View's appreciation of the firm's experience, knowledge, resources and ability to complete the project or provide the County with effective, efficient and economical services. Evaluation criteria and method may differ based on the type of bid document and project requirements, and are identified in each bid document.
Payment of Invoices
Rocky View County recognizes the need for prompt and accurate payment of your invoices.
- The County processes invoices only after goods and services have been received and accepted at the destination specified.
- Standard payment terms are net 30. Discounts for early payment, if offered, may be negotiated with the County.
- Include both the purchase order number and the name of the receiving department, and submit your invoice to:
Rocky View County
911 - 32 Ave NE
Calgary, AB, T2E 6X6