All dogs over three months of age residing in Rocky View County must have a valid dog licence. Rocky View County’s dog licensing period is from January to December, and all licences, including those purchased mid-year, will expire at the end of December each year.

Obtaining a Licence

It's easy to purchase a dog licence. Return a completed dog licence application form (PDF) to the County along with payment in person, by fax or mail.

  • In person:
    Visit the Rocky View County Administration building at 911 – 32nd Avenue NE, Calgary, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
  • By fax:
    Fax application forms along with credit card information and a valid signature to 403.277.6601.
  • By mail:
    Mail application or renewal forms along with a cheque payable to Rocky View County or credit card information to:
    Rocky View Dog Licensing
    911 – 32nd Avenue NE
    Calgary, AB T2E 6X6.

Renewing a Licence

After your initial purchase of a dog licence, you’ll automatically receive an annual renewal invoice. You can pay your invoice using the payment options above, or through online or telephone banking.

  • Online/Telephone Banking (for Renewals only)
    Search for “Rocky View County Dog License” as your payee and enter the Document Number from your dog licence invoice (see example) for each of your dog(s).

    If your bank does not provide Rocky View County Dog License as a payee, please use “Rocky View County Utilities” as your payee and enter your Customer ID Number from your dog licence invoice (see example) as your Account Number.


The annual fee for dog licences in Rocky View County are regulated by the Master Rates Bylaw and Animal Control Bylaw.

  • Spayed or neutered dog (after three months): $15.00
  • Non-altered dog: $35.00
  • Pup (up to six months): $25.00


The fine for an unlicenced dog in the County is $150. Falsifying information on your licence application carries a fine of $500.

Replacement Tags

Collar tags are not dated and are not replaced annually. If a dog's tag is lost or illegible, it can be replaced at a cost of $10. Requests for replacement dog tags can be made in person at the Rocky View County Administration Building, by fax or mail along with the replacement fee.

Cancelling a Licence

Residents who have relocated or no longer have a dog that was previously licenced must notify the County of the change. Please call 403.230.1401 or email


T: 403.230.1401
F: 403.277.6601

Other Animals

The Livestock & Animals page provides answers to commonly asked questions regarding keeping pets, livestock or poultry on your property.

Report an Issue

Use the Report an Issue form to notify us about stray livestock, lost & found pets, unsightly premises, traffic-related concerns, or other issues related to bylaw enforcement.