This location is a Transfer Site. Transfer sites are large areas that are designed to collect many different material types such as yard waste, garbage, e-waste, tires, and recycling. When household waste is dropped off, these sites require payment by cash or the Tag-a-Bag system.
90 Elbow Rise NE 13-23-5-W5M
About 1 km north of the bridge on Wintergreen Rd.
Darreld & Vivian
Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Household Garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
- Mixed Paper
- Automotive batteries
- Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
- Electronic waste
- Tires (rims removed)
- Household plastics (must be clean, no Styrofoam)
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees (seasonal)
- Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
- Cell phones
- Propane tanks
- Appliances (fridges, freezers, water coolers, $15 charge for Freon removal)
- Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
- Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
- Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
- Obsolete agricultural pesticides
- Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)
The Bragg Creek transfer site also collects residents' household hazardous waste, including paint, motor oil, antifreeze and aerosols.
Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.
The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction materials at this time. It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this material to an appropriate facility.