This location is a Transfer Site. Transfer sites are large areas that are designed to collect many different material types such as yard waste, garbage, e-waste, tires, and recycling. When household waste is dropped off, these sites require payment by cash or the Tag-a-Bag system.
The Irricana Transfer Site accepts household hazardous waste and agricultural recycling year round.
Please note that this service is not available to Irricana residents.
West of Pioneer Acres Park
Corner of RR 264 and TWP RD 274
SW 28-27-26 W4M
Wednesday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Household garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
- Mixed paper
- Household plastics (must be clean, no styrofoam)
- Electronic waste
- Cell phones
- Clear glass (no ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors)
- Household hazardous waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees
- Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
- Used motor oil and containers (do not rinse containers)
- Gear oil, transmission fluid, hydraulic oil
- Oil filters
- Appliances (fridges, freezers, water coolers, $15 charge for Freon removal)
- Tires (rims removed)
- Automotive batteries
- Propane tanks
- Paint (list of eligible paints [PDF])
- Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
- Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
- Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
- Obsolete agricultural pesticides
- Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)
Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.
The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction materials at this time. It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this material to an appropriate facility.