The Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) provides property owners with the opportunity to make 12 consecutive monthly property tax payments as opposed to a single, annual payment. Payments can only be made by automatic withdrawals from a bank account.
If a property owner is enrolled on the TIPP Program, the monthly installment payment is automatically adjusted to reflect any change in the current year’s tax levels. The Property Tax Notice will indicate the adjusted monthly payment amount.
Additionally, there are many benefits to the TIPP program:
- No waiting in line to make payments
- No missed deadlines
- No concerns with regards to payments being lost in the mail
- No tax penalties (as long as monthly payments are kept current)
- No lump sum payments
How to Enroll
For the Current Year (Enrollment Deadline: June 15)
You can enroll anytime, but to have your enrollment apply to the current year:
- Applications must be accompanied by any payments for that year's taxes up to enrollment (one month if enrolled in January, two if February, etc., up to six months if enrolled in June)
- Your tax account must be paid in full
For Future Years (Enrollment Deadline: December 15)
To enroll in the TIPP payment option for the future year:
- The current year's taxes must be paid in full by December 31
- Your monthly payment for the future year’s taxes will begin January 1
- Your monthly payment will be adjusted June 1 to take into account any change to the tax levy
How to Register
You will need to complete and submit a Tax Installment Payment Plan Application Form (PDF) and e-mail it or drop it off in person:
Selling a Property that is Registered in the TIPP Program
When selling a registered property, the Tax Account’s participation in the TIPP Program must be cancelled. Property owners must submit written notification of the cancellation at least two weeks in advance of the next payment withdrawal date. Please note: TIPP payments are non transferable or refundable.
Cancelling the TIPP Program
To stop participating in the TIPP program you can:
Please note: TIPP payments are not transferable or refundable.