Council Decisions: January 10, 2017
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the January 10, 2017 Council Meeting. This is an overview only—specific details are available on the Council Minutes and Archives page or by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
- Langdon Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion: Council received a report on options for possible expansion of the Langdon Wastewater Treatment Plant, and voted to monitor the County’s growth and corresponding waste water needs. When the flow rate of the Langdon Wastewater Treatment Plant reaches 70 percent of capacity, Council will consider a two stage expansion strategy.
- Recreation Grant: Council approved a grant of not more than $72,680 to the Spray Lake Sawmills Recreation Society for a martial arts room.
- Langdon Recreation Special Tax Grant Applications: Council approved these grants to community recreation groups, with funding from the 2016 Langdon Recreation Special Tax:
- Langdon Softball Association: An amount not exceeding $14,962 for maintenance of Langdon Ball Diamonds
- Langdon Community Association: An amount not exceeding $4,263 for a planter program and movie nights
- Langdon Community Association: An amount not exceeding $14,137 for maintenance to the Langdon Fieldhouse, community rink, and the Langdon Community Playground
- Langdon Older Kids Seniors Club: An amount not exceeding $5,000 for a fitness program
- First Bow Valley Scouts: An amount not exceeding $5,000 to replace and repair camping equipment
- Langdon Theatre Association: An amount not exceeding $4,785 to purchase performance equipment
- Chestermere Area Youth and Community Development Society (operating as Synergy): An amount not exceeding $5,000 to hire and train a local Summer program leader
- Langdon Recreation Centre: An amount not exceeding $8,248 for the purchase and installation of a security system
- Division 9, File PL20150127, Bylaw C-7550-2016 – Road Closure of a portion of undeveloped Range Road 40: Approved