Council Decisions: January 24, 2017
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the January 24, 2017 Council Meeting. This is an overview only—specific details are available on the Council Minutes and Archives page or by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
- North Calgary Region Transportation Priorities Plan: Council voted to support the City of Airdrie’s funding application(s) to the Alberta Community Partnership Grant program for funding to allow the development of a North Calgary Region Transportation Priorities Plan.
- Regional Emergency Management: Council voted that Rocky View County participate as a managing partner in a collaborative project to seek provincial funding for a Regional Emergency Management Program, and to apply for an Alberta Community Partnership grant of $200,000 to develop the program.
- Rocky View West District Recreation Master Plan: Council voted to approve the Terms of Reference and the expenditure of up to $50,000 of general reserve funds to update the Rocky View West District Recreation Master Plan, and to advise Council on the feasibility of expanding the Springbank Park for All Seasons facility.
- Tax Arrears – Sale of Land: Council set April 21, 2017 as the date, and set the general conditions, for a public auction of properties that are in arrears on their taxes.
- TV and Movie Industry Permitting/Licensing Feasibility: Council voted to formalize the Enforcement Services department’s current Film Permit requirements, and to include a land use designation for television and movie industry use in the upcoming rewrite of the County’s Land Use Bylaw.
Planning & Development
- Division 1 – File PL20150111 (04912004), Bylaw C-7612-2016, Re-designation Item: Ranch and Farm District (RF) to Direct Control District – Film Production Facility. Approved
- Division 3 – File PL20150092 (04618019), Bylaw C-7542-2015, Re-designation Item: Ranch and Farm District (RF) to Residential Two District (R-2). Approved
- Division 3 – File PL20150008 & PL20160095, Subdivision Item: Residential Development on Cell 10 of DC Bylaw 13 (Elbow Valley). Approved
- Division 3 – File 04606001 Development Permit Item: Elbow Valley, 50 Condominium Residential Villas. Approved
- Division 9 – File PL20160087, Bylaw C-7627-2016, Road Opening: Reopening of a road allowance originally closed in 1976. Approved
- All Divisions – File 170, Bylaw C-7630-2017 – 2017 Master Rates Bylaw: The bylaw setting rates and charges for a variety of County services and user fees. Approved
- All Divisions – File 2025-100, Bylaw C-7632-2017 – Borrowing Bylaw: Routine annual approval of the County’s Line of Credit. Approved