Council Decisions: May 9, 2017
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Here is a brief summary of the decisions of Rocky View County Council at the May 9, 2017 Council Meeting. This is an overview only—specific details are available on the Council Minutes and Archives page or by contacting the County’s Legislative and Legal Services department.
Council approved the following Community Recreation Funding Grant: Capital Funding Requests:
- $26,500 to the Bearspaw Glendale Community Association to replace the septic system and City of Calgary sanitary sewer tie-in, erect playground fencing, and purchase a photocopier.
- $16,792 to the Bow Valley Agricultural Society for the purchase of high efficiency furnaces, emergency lighting, handicap doors, a lawn mower, and an ammonia alarm.
- $8,792 to the Bow Valley Community Club to install LED lighting in the rink viewing area, and a new electrical panel at the Indus Curling Rink.
- $8,772 to the Extreme Cowboy Alberta Association for improvements to the Horse Park at the Cochrane and District Agricultural Society grounds.
- $16,252 to the Sharp Hill Preservation Society to design, produce, and install interpretive signs at Sharp Hill Park.
- $15,054 to the Delacour Agricultural Society to replace their roadside information sign.
- $23,655 to the Irricana and District Agricultural Society to replace carpet, and for renovations on the second floor.
- $12,193 to the Irricana Curling Club to replace the cat walks around all four sheets of ice.
Council voted to provide $545,305 to the County’s recreation districts to be available to support a range of cultural, social, recreational, sport, and other community-based programs. The funding goes to the Bearspaw Glendale, Bow North, Madden, Ranch Lands, Rocky View Central, Rocky View East, and Rocky View West recreation districts.
Council voted that $30,000 in funding be provided in support of the Chestermere Conrich District Regional Recreation District Board.
Council appointed Chad Gosling to the Bow North Recreation District Board for a three year term.
Planning & Development
- Division 4 – File PL20160116 (02322001), Bylaw C-7639-2017, Re-designation Item: Farmstead District to Residential Three District. Refused.
- Division 4 – File PL20160127 (02218001), Bylaw C-7642-2017 – Re-designation Item: First Parcel Out, from Ranch and Farm District to Residential Three District. Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20160113 (05333086), Bylaw C-7663-2017– Re-designation Item: Country Residential Development from Residential Two District (R-2) to Residential One District (R-1). Approved.
- Division 7 – File PL20140124 (07507003), Bylaw C-7586-2016 – Re-designation Item: Ranch and Farm District to Direct Control District AND File PL20140125 (07507003): Master Site Development Plan for Eco Park Development. Received First Reading.
- Division 2 – File PL20160041 (05708082) Bylaw C-7670-2017: Harmony Conceptual Scheme Amendment, Appendix B, Stage 2 Neighbourhood Plan. Approved.
- Division 2 – File PL20160043 (05707001-05707004, 05708082, 05718002), Bylaw C-7672-2017 – Re-designation Item: Harmony Conceptual Scheme Amendment, Appendix C, Stage 3, Neighbourhood Plan. Approved.
- Division 2 – File PL20160042/44 (05707001-05707004, 05708082, 05708002), Bylaw C-7671-2017, Re-designation Item: Amendments to Direct Control Bylaw C-6688-2008 (DC 129). Approved.
- Division 5 – File PL20160129 (05329035), Subdivision Item: Residential One District (R-1) and Residential Two District (R-2). Approved.